Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Watergate to Pussygate Plus a Little Traveling Workbench

As someone who lived through the Cold War, Cuba, Vietnam, the treason of Nixon, Watergate, Reagan, the Bushes, and now Pussygate this is the first time I've been frightened of the final outcome. Whatever it will be, shit is getting real. 

On to something I can somewhat control the final outcome. I had a rare couple of days off in a row this past weekend and while I didn't get as much done as I could have the base of the traveling workbench is coming along.

A photo of the base waiting glue up:


As always click 'em to big 'em.

Next up is sawing the tenons for the long stretchers and gluing up a slab. I'll reuse the wood screw for the vise and I expect make a new chop. There is a ways to go and I'm not in the short rows yet but I can see 'em.

ken

7 comments:

  1. Steve D12:50 PM

    The problem was the lack of a gate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:38 PM

    Pussygate? Finally, pants on fire really means something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:38 PM

    Selective memory or were FDR, JFK, and Bill Clinton different? Looking forward to hearing more about your woodworking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:08 PM

      FDR cared about the environment
      JFK served in the military
      Clinton was a Rhodes scholar

      So yeah, there were some subtle differences.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:59 AM

      are you serious Clark?

      Delete
  4. That's one serious travelling bench.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andy,

    It will be a little heavier than last years but I think the modules will still be easy to handle. If not it gives me an excuse to build another one :-).

    ken

    ReplyDelete